Did you know?
- You do not have to be rich to adopt.
- You do not have to have a big home to adopt.
- You do not have to be married or without children to adopt.
- There are over 400,000 children in the United States Foster Care System.
- Children never outgrow the need for parents.
Basic Requirements for Foster and Adoptive Parents
- At least 21 years old
- Financially self-sustaining
- Married, Single, Divorced, or Widowed
- Attend training sessions with other prospective parents to learn about the children’s needs and background
- Consent to a criminal history and abuse-neglect background check
- Participate in a home study
- Permit a fire and health inspection of your home
- Vaccinate pets annually
- Obtain and maintain CPR-First Aid certification
- Have adequate sleeping space
- Get a TB test
- Agree to a non-physical discipline policy
For more information on how to foster/adopt please contact a Child Placing Agency.